Call for Participation: Twelfth Journal Article Tag Suite Conference (JATS-Con), June 13 & 14, 2023
JATS-Con is the user conference for the NISO Z39.96-2012 Journal Article Tag Suite. JATS-Con is a peer-reviewed conference hosted by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), National Library of Medicine. The next conference will be held virtually on June 13 & 14, 2023.
JATS-Con is seeking papers relevant to the use or non-use of the JATS or an extension such as the Book Interchange Tag Suite (BITS), TaxPub, or the NISO Standards Tag Set (NISO STS). The following topics are suggestions only:
- the creation, presentation, manipulation, and/or storage of content tagged according to one of the models in the Tag Suite.
- modification or customization of one of the models in the Tag Suite or creation of a new model using the Tag Suite.
- location of the models in a workflow.
- tools or resources developed or desired for working with content tagged using the Tag Suite.
- desired enhancements to the Tag Suite.
Presentations will be 35 minutes long, in English, followed by 10 minutes of Questions and Answers or audience discussion.
For this year's conference, Computercraft will be collecting registrations and article submissions. Please submit your paper proposals on the Submission Form by March 10, 2023.
Presenters at JATS-Con are required to:
- Provide a full paper, in XML, using the Article Authoring Tag Set on or before May 26, 2023.
- Give a 35-min virtual presentation, in English, based on the paper.
- Be available before the presentation to test presentations and connections, etc.
- Participate in a 10-min discussion with the audience immediately after the paper is presented.
- Provide on-site materials (slides) to the conference committee in HTML, PowerPoint, or OpenOffice format.
- Grant permission to the NLM to archive and post a copy of the paper and onsite materials on the conference proceedings website.
The JATS-Con Proceedings will be published on the NCBI Bookshelf, freely available to the public. See the Proceedings from 2010–2022 at JATS-Con Proceedings.
JATS-Con Full Papers
Full papers in XML are due to the JATS-Con office by May 26, 2023.
See the XML Submission Guidelines for details on the XML format and some guidance on tagging. Also, please feel free to contact email@example.com with any questions regarding your paper or presentation.
Schedule and Logistics
- March 10, 2023 — Paper proposals due
- April 7, 2023 — Speakers notified
- May 26, 2023 — Full papers due for Online Proceedings
Please contact Jeffrey Beck at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-301-435-5992 if you have any questions.