A Tag Library provides HTML documentation for this Tag Set. You can click on links
to travel from one topic to another and use your browser’s “Back” button to backtrack
through previously-visited pages. In addition, there are two navigation aids on every
- To the left is a colored vertical Navigation Bar (Navbar) with links to all parts
of the Tag Library.
- At the very bottom of each page, in the far right corner is a “Back to Top” link.
The Navbar is used to move within sections and between sections.
- If a section has subsections, an arrow pointing right () appears next to the
- Clicking on either the arrow or the heading beside it changes the arrow to an arrow
pointing down () and
opens a list of sub-topics within that section.
- Clicking on a sub-topic goes directly to the corresponding
Navbar Example: Elements
- Clicking on the word “Elements”, or on the arrow beside the word, will display an
alphabetical list of the XML elements defined in this Tag Set.
For Each Element:
- Hovering over the element name will reveal its
more English-like, descriptive equivalent, for example, hovering over the “<p>” will display
- Scroll the list to find a particular element. Use the
scroll-bar immediately to the right of the Navbar.
- Clicking on the element name will take you to the page
for that element.
Hiding the Navbar:
- To stop displaying the Navbar, click the left-pointing arrow at the top right of the
- To restore the Navbar, click the right-pointing arrow at the top left of the Navbar.
Close Sections in Navbar:
- To collapse all sections displayed in the Navbar back to the top-level hierarchy,
click the “squiggly arrow” at the top right of the Navbar. ()
Tag Library pages with content that can collapse and expand will include two diamonds
near the top right of the page. These diamonds permit a user to expand or collapse
the entire page rather than expanding/collapsing individual sections.
- To expand all closed sections, click the hollow diamond ().
- To collapse sections back to the starting configuration, click the solid diamond ().
Printing the Pages: Note that if the page is printed, only the content that is currently visible (expanded
sections) will be printed. The content of collapsed sections does not appear when
the page is printed.
If your system supports it, a small search bar will appear at the top left of the
tag library display.
(Click the “?
hints on using the search bar.)
Enter a word or phrase to search for it in the Tag Library headings. Use <tag-name> to search
for elements, @attribute-name to search for attributes, and %pe-name to search for parameter