Line of a Verse
- An @indent-level was added to <verse-line> element. to indicate the level of indentation od that line relative to the entire <verse-group>.
- The styling attributes @style, @style-type, and @style-type were added to both <verse-line> and <verse-line>. These style attributes need not be used to hold CSS styling information, although such usage is expected to be common.
<!ELEMENT verse-line (#PCDATA %verse-line-elements;)* >
Expanded Content Model
(#PCDATA | bold | fixed-case | italic | monospace | overline | roman | sans-serif | sc | strike | underline | ruby | alternatives | inline-graphic | private-char | chem-struct | inline-formula | abbrev | milestone-end | milestone-start | named-content | styled-content | sub | sup | fn | target | xref)*
- Text, numbers, or special characters
- Emphasis Elements
- <alternatives> Alternatives For Processing
- Inline Display Elements
- <chem-struct> Chemical Structure (Display)
- <inline-formula> Formula, Inline
- Other Inline Elements
- Baseline Change Elements
- <fn> Footnote
- <target> Target of an Internal Link
- <xref> X (cross) Reference
This element may be contained in:
... <sec> <title>Buy or Lease?<break/> Two Models for Scholarly Information<break/> at the End (or the Beginning) of an Era</title> <verse-group> <verse-line>Some say the world will end in fire,</verse-line> <verse-line>Some say in ice.</verse-line> <verse-line>From what I’ve tasted of desire</verse-line> <verse-line>I hold with those who favor fire.</verse-line> <verse-line>But if it had to perish twice,</verse-line> <verse-line>I think I know enough of hate</verse-line> <verse-line>To say that for destruction ice</verse-line> <verse-line>Is also great</verse-line> <verse-line>And would suffice.</verse-line> <attrib>—Robert Frost “Fire and Ice”</attrib> </verse-group> <p>Within living memory, our use of print (static) information has been governed by copyright law and the practices that have evolved around it. Enter electronic information, where publishers deliver it with licenses and new rules, a very different framework from copyright ...</p> </sec> ...